Thursday, August 28, 2008

Why I'm at South...

This is my second year here at South Alabama. I am from a city in New York called Binghamton. Its about an hour south of Syracuse and a few hours from New York City. I moved down here last year to take a scholarship as head manager of the men's basketball team here at South. I applied for the position and did so because of my desire to one day coach basketball at either the high school or college level. I actually only had about 24 hours to make my decision to move down here. I was offered the position Thursday night when school started on Monday. I decided to come down and attend school here without ever living outside of New York, ever seeing the campus here, or ever being in Alabama.

3 comments:

Jennifer Averitt said...

Great job Matt. Keep up the good work. I look forward to hearing your views on South Alabama.

Joye said...

How is your work with the basketball team going? I saw you in the Physical Education building Friday and remembered that you work with the team.

Joye Wiggins

Kelsey Volz said...

It was great to have someone in the same class that came to South from across the U.S lol.. I wish you the best of luck with basketball!! Come out and watch some games!!