Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Podcasts!

I listened to episode 146 first in the SmartBoard Lessons podcast. It was all about clouds. The two people who presented the podcast was Ben Hazzard and Joan M. Badger. In this particle episode, it happens to be Joan's birthday, which Ben seems to endlessly point out. They hold their show out of Lake Winnipeg. They talked about clouds and cloud formation. Ben says "clouds shelter us from the stars". They are interesting to listen to because they get along well together.

The next podcast I listened to was in the Connect Learning section with David Warlick. The podcast consisted of an interview with librarian Ann Krembs. The only problem I really had with this podcast was all the noise in the background that I heard while David and Ann were doing the interview. But besides that I thought it was a well conducted interview between the two.

I then listened to KidCast.tv Learning and Teaching with Podcast. This is hosted by Dan Schmit. The title of the podcast was "Questions make the world go round". I thought it was interesting because it was only one person talking the entire time, which is pretty hard to do. The first two podcasts had 2 people in them and seemed to flow better. He talks about extending a students sense of asking good questions by asking methodical questions.

The last podcast I listened to was in EdTech Talk and was hosted by Maria Knee. She opens the podcast by saying she welcomes conversations and enjoy discussions that follow. She asks for clean conversion. This podcast discussed the role in parents in education. She interviews a lady named Lorna who has been involved in her kids activities for a long time. They discuss that is it very important for teachers to be involved in the organization of student activities by committees with middle and high school students. I particularly liked this podcast because it seemed natural and not really.

Coming into this assignment, I did not really understand what a podcast was. But after listening to them I gained a better understanding. I found that all of them opened with music and the ones that sounded better were the ones with at least 2 people holding the conversions. I think this assignment has helped with our upcoming podcast we will give.

4 comments:

Jennifer Averitt said...

Good job. Glad to hear that you now have a better idea of what to expect from your own podcast next week.

Susan Smith said...

Good job on this blog. Hop you do good on your own podcast.

Elizabeth Corley said...

Good blog Matt. I, too, got a better understanding once I listened to the podcasts...they were more conversational than I thought.

Jill said...

Our podcast is going to be way better than those ones we listened to! haha can't wait!