Tuesday, November 11, 2008

EDM310 podcasts

So our blog post assignment for this week is to listen to 4 EDM310 podcasts, including our own and to make a list of suggestions for improvement. Unfortunately, my groups podcast was not available on the website, therefore I am unable to critique my own that much. From what I can remember, I think me and Jill did a pretty good job with holding conversation with one another. We didn't rehearse too much for the podcast which I think ultimately was an advantage because, well, it didn't sound rehearsed! However, I think we could have done a better job of speaking more clearly. We also had a tendency to repeat some material. But overall I think we did a good job for our first podcast. It ended up being pretty fun to do too!

The first podcast I listened was Sara Large and Tina Dillen . They did the same topic as us which was "How technology is used in our classrooms at South Alabama". I thought they did a very good job on their podcast. They sound very prepared and have a lot of material throughout the topics they use. They talked about folitek, ecompanion, as well as blogs and podcasts. They talk about the positive and negative sides of efolitek and ecompanion but they both agree that folitek and ecompanion is a good resource for students in the education field. The only thing they say is a flaw in folitek is the lack of knowledge teachers have with it, which I agree. Overall, I think they did a very good job on the podcast because they thoroughly explained folitek and ecompanion in a manner of someone who does not know what they are could gain a better understanding of that technology.

The next podcast I listened to was presented by Ashley Corley, Brooke Busby and Kimberly Pierce. They discussed how blogs are used in classrooms in the United States. They also talked about how blogs can be used effectively in education. The group explains what a blog is by saying its a contraction of the word web blog. She says the first bloggers were explorers and journalists. She also explains that there are many types of blogs, that blogs are free, and that they have many uses. The group did a good job of explaining quality information. The only suggestion I think I would have for them is to make their podcast more of a conversation between the group members because it seems like they read for most of the time. That being said, I thought they did a great job overall!

The last podcast I listened to was performed by Danielle Tasker , Stephanie Ellis and Jalisa Mobley. They discuss how facebook could be used as an educational tool. They did a good job of explaining how facebook works for those who are not familiar with it. They give information how facebook got started as well. They all agree that facebook is a primarily a social network. The group ultimately decide that facebook it could be used as an educational tool by teachers can use a facebook page displaying assignments, note card information, post and read each others comments about assignments, ask questions on the main dashboard. Overall I think they did a good job of discussing with each other and bringing up quality information but the only suggestion I would have for them is to sound more enthused and upbeat about their topic.

4 comments:

Marlena said...

I had the same problem with not being able to critique my podcast!

Angela Minish said...

Good job Matt!

Jennifer Averitt said...

Good job. Don't worry about not being able to critique your own blog. Just make sure you listen to it when it is posted. That way you will know what to improve on the next time you do a podcast. It is amazing how much you learn just by critiquing yourself.

Jill said...

Awesome post Matt! It's very detailed... You really sound like you know what you're talking about!